Tuesday, July 12, 2005

When the Man and the Woman arrived at the Catsitter's, Lucy had been hiding for two days. She had sores on her bottom her toungue and on her tummy. The vet wasn't sure what was wrong. Possibly a new form of cat leporsey? New sores devloped in the hours that she was in the vet's office. They could do further testing, but nothing conclusive. The chances for survival were poor and if she did survive the process would be long, drawn out and painful. Nobody wanted that.

A small prick and Lucy went to sleep. She did not wake up again.

It's been over three years, and not a day goes by that we don't miss her. I'm the lucky one though. I can still smell her here. I can still hear the echo of her voice.

All my people have, are memories.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 Comments:

Blogger Timmy said...

Sheesh. The first time I come to visit your blog and now, I have water in my eyes...I'll be back. And there had better be a post that won't make boo-hoo things happen to me.
BTW, I like your Title Photo. I really like the fish. Come visit me when you get a chance! I'll link to you :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Mathias42 said...

The fish and Aslan refrences are my attempts to be subtle. I'm glad you like it (and get it). And don't worry, we're usually a lot more light-hearted. This was a rare serious moment.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Timmy said...

I've since read up on all your links and stuff. Now I know it was a rare but serious moment. We're all allowed to have those. Momma 'specially liked your story. She says you should make a real book out of it! It's great!! Teaches how to combat evil with praise. Real good shtuff!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Max said...

Oh man, she was just a baby? At least your People have the pictures. My People have pictures of the cat who came before me, and the dog, and it makes them a little happier even though they miss them both.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time at your site and now I feel so sad! At least she's with God now, and the humans have you! Mom doesn't have any pictures of the cat she had before me, but she has LOTS of me! I hope you come visit my blog sometime. Timmy told me about you!

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home