Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Snipped

I noticed that Buddah got neutered recently. It's nothing to be that sad about though. It's all in the way you look at things. I prefer to look at myself not so much as a gelding, but more as a Castrati . (During the 17th and 18th centuries in Italy, some 4,000 - 5,000 boys were castrated annually for the purpose of singing alto in the church choirs. According to Melicow and Pulrang -Urology 3: 663-670, 1974)

I think this is a healthy outlook for a kitty, because as Castrati it's our purpose to sing.

Loudly.

When the people are trying to sleep.
Why I feel a song coming on right now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thinking! I'm a Castrati too!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Max said...

There's a girl kitty around here who wishes I hadn't been neutered. But I do have a mighty fine singing voice now, and I'm teaching Buddah to sing in the bathroom at 3 a.m. the acoustics are perfect then!

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home